We’ve made it easy to plan your perfect Melbourne wedding. Whether you’re picturing something small at home, a large grand ball room affair, an escape to the country, or something else, the amazing suppliers on Wedding VIC can turn your wedding vision into reality. Here’s our list of Victoria’s best wedding suppliers.
How to choose your perfect Melbourne wedding cars
Usually the best place to start is refining your requirements.
- How many people are you needing transport for?
- How many pickup locations?
- Will you require cars whilst undertaking photos after your ceremony?
- Will you require transfer to a reception venue?
- Will you require transfer to accommodation after your reception?
- Will you require transport for parents, children, or other special guests (eg grandparents)?
- Does your wedding have a theme that you would like your choice of wedding transport to accommodate?
- What will you be wearing? Brides with large trains, or hooped skirts may need wide access doors and a large seating area – small cabins might not be suitable.
Create an transport plan. Number of people, number of hours, start and end suburbs, type of cars most suitable – stretch limousine, classic cars, modern machines. Once you have this sorted, select a shortlist of wedding transport companies and send them an enquiry! Compare packages and inclusions and meet with your shortlisted wedding car suppliers. This will help you double check that they’re going to be able to deliver what you require.
Melbourne has many different types of wedding cars. No matter what type of car or how large your wedding party, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Sit back, relax, and browse these popular Melbourne wedding car suppliers.
How to choose your perfect Melbourne wedding photographer
- Browse wedding photographer’s portfolios. Look at their different styles.
- How many photos are you looking for? A couple dozen amazing shots to build an album, have printed and displayed? or hundreds or thousands? Some photographers take less photos, but they might be more to your liking. Other photographers may take many images and many may be quite similar.
- Create an action plan. Will you require photos of you getting ready? travel to and arrival at ceremony venue? Ceremony (obviously)! Then groups – how many? Photo-shoot of newlyweds on location? Reception coverage? How many hours do you think this might be?
- Once you have selected a shortlist of photographers send them an enquiry!
- Meet with your shortlisted photographers and ask them to show you completed albums, or a large range of photos from a single wedding. This will help you double check that they’re going to be able to deliver they style and quantity of photos that you’re after.
- Make sure your personalities match! Will you be comfortable with them on your wedding day?
- Compare packages and inclusions.
- Get post production details. Will you expect every image to be art-worked? or just a few hero images?
- Once you’ve settled on a photographer, check their contract and look for additional costs like overtime, printing, supply of digital images, and cost for special effects.
Melbourne has some super talented wedding photographers. No matter what type of style or wedding coverage you’re after, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Sit back, relax, and browse these popular Melbourne wedding photographers.
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Venue for your Melbourne Wedding
Melbourne and regional Victoria has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Melbourne wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Celebrant for your Melbourne Wedding
The ideal wedding celebrant will be someone who makes you feel natural and relaxed. You should be able to pick up on their friendliness and organisational skills at your first meeting. They should show genuine interest in crafting an unique wedding ceremony that will incorporate aspects of your romantic journey along with the necessary legal requirements. Get in touch with a few celebrants, have a chat with them about your wedding ideas, and see whom you feel most comfortable with.
You might also like to check and see if your short-listed celebrants will be conducting any other weddings in Melbourne on your chosen date, and see how they plan to accommodate the timing of the ceremonies. You don’t want them stuck in traffic when they should be at your wedding!
Some celebrants will also offer a PA system or microphone to ensure your guests can hear you well. This can be particularly important if you plan on having a video taken on your day. Be sure to give your videographer your celebrant’s details so they can plan the best way to capture your wedding.
Similarly, some celebrants have a signing table they can provide along with special signing pens and more. Be sure to ask what extra touches they provide as part of their wedding service.
Best wishes for finding your perfect Melbourne wedding celebrant. Here’s a list of some of Melbourne’s most popular wedding celebrants.
Happy wedding planning. xx
No matter your style of wedding or wedding budget a wedding photographer is essential. They will capture the memories, forgotten moments and enable you to relive your special day forevermore. We’ve complied a list of 10 of Melbourne’s best wedding photographers to help your wedding planning. It’s essential you book your wedding photographer early, as many of the best will be booked many months or years in advance. So, sit back, relax, and browse through some of the best wedding photographers servicing weddings in Melbourne and greater Victoria.
When you want to get it right, your day captured beautifully and loving every minute of it, then talk to David Fowler Photography. It’s what he’s been delivering for over 15 years. Relax knowing your day, venue, friends and family are being captured by a multi award winning Master photographer.
Rural Image Photography specialise in rural weddings. So much so that you can almost feel, smell and touch the essence of the Australian landscape through their images. Wendy loves the challenge of documenting a wedding day and the many special fleeting and unplanned moments of happiness, laughter and love… when the awestruck flower girl sees the bride’s dress for the first time, or when Gran joyously throws confetti… she’ll capture it all.
With background in graphic design, Russell from RTB Photography has also developed a keen eye and a style of photography that he calls his own. Keeping focused on clients photography requests first he is always on the look out for those magical pictures and emotional moments to capture.
Since opening their studio in 2011, Run Wild Photography have dedicated themselves not only to their craft, but to the best possible experience for their lovely couples. They know that when the day is over, and the leftover cake has been eaten, your photographs become the one lasting visual memory of your wedding day.
Thinking of a Church wedding? You don’t need to be a regular church goer to get married in a church. Church weddings are popular for those who would like to include a spiritual aspect in their wedding ceremony. There are other benefits too! Like seating for your guests, shelter from poor weather, and parking! We’ve compiled a huge list of churches. Sit back, relax and browse churches in Melbourne and throughout Victoria.
Whether you’ve got a large bridal party or small, or your wedding theme is tradition or modern, you’ll need wedding transport. Check out some of Melbourne’s best wedding car suppliers on Wedding VIC. Choose from stretch limousines, modern luxury cars, or glamorous classic cars all from suppliers servicing Melbourne and Victoria.
Glamour Ride Limousine’s wedding cars are spectacular! Stretching 8.6 meters long and with 20’ chrome rims, Bentley grille and amazing Lamborghini style front doors which will immediately turn heads. The inside is even more stunning with an array of fun lighting including laser, neon, strobe, bar, ceiling and a disco floor. The sound system is loud and simple to use and your can listen to our music or plug in your iPhone or iPod. The limousine seats 10 passengers in the rear and we provide a bottle of wine and water, as well as mints and lollies to help make the day even better.
Melbourne Classic Car Rentals have a wonderful range of unique retro, classic and luxury cars. A unique, stylish, elegant, retro, classic or sporty vehicle will leave a lasting impression on the wedding party and guests alike. Enjoy the more traditional cars or go for a luxury or performance car that’s sure to turn heads.
Five Star Chauffeur Service have devised a convenient wedding transport package to make things easy for you! You will have access to the luxury wedding cars that are part of the Five Star fleet. Each of these amazing vehicles features full leather trim seats and adjustable air-conditioning to keep you and your bridal party comfortable.
The Mercedes Benz 600 Grossers and Pullmans from Heinz’s Mercedes Benz Grand Limousine Service are in magnificent condition, dark blue with either red or cream leather interior. The ultimate wedding car that allows you to arrive in style fit for kings, queens, pop stars. These cars make a statement and when new were owned by the rich and famous. Uniformed friendly chauffer service is assured.
Formal Car Hire Melbourne have an expanding and up to date fleet of vehicles perfect for Melbourne weddings. They cater to your specific needs for any occasion at any location around Melbourne or country Victoria. Formal Car Hire goes to extreme lengths to ensure your day is picture perfect.
Melbourne Brides, find your perfect wedding makeup artist and hair stylist on Wedding VIC. Browse looks, styles, packages and more.
As a qualified professional makeup artist and hair stylist, Fiona created Kochou Hair & Makeup from a passion for all things makeup and beauty. Fiona has vast experience in bridal, fashion and photographic hair and makeup services. Fiona has also formed a small team of experienced, professional hair and makeup artists to join Kochou Hair & Makeup to ensure we are able to pamper you for all your special occasions.
Once Upon A Bride professional mobile bridal makeup and hair stylist in Melbourne who can enhance your natural beauty and create the perfect look using only the highest quality cosmetics and hair products. They are passionate about helping Melbourne brides obtain the perfect, tailored makeup and hair finish.
Leonie’s goal is to capture each bride’s individual style and taste, whilst always ensuring flawless, natural and timeless makeup. With over 25 years experience as a makeup artist and still actively working in Beauty, Fashion, Editorial and Runway, Leonie is able to translate all the current beauty trends to adapt to each brides own personal style and taste.
We know that wedding planning is uncertain at the moment. We’re still here to help you plan a lovely wedding, whenever that may be. Maybe something small now, and a big celebration later? Or maybe you are thinking of postponing or extending your anticipated date. Many of our wedding suppliers can still offer awesome products and services and want to help you plan an amazing wedding. Keep researching, keep looking for ideas, keep taking care of your loved ones. Together we’ll get through this.
Love to you all