If you’re planning a wedding in Melbourne or regional Victoria then you’ll need a marriage celebrant! Whether your ceremony will be formal or casual it’s important that you connect well with your wedding celebrant. We’ve compiled a list of Melbourne’s most popular marriage celebrants for 2021. Have a browse and see who you can relate to. Best wishes for an amazing wedding ceremony! xx
Wedding VIC’s 9 Step Guide to Finding the Perfect Melbourne Wedding Photographer
- How many photos are you looking for? A couple dozen amazing shots to build an album, have printed and displayed? or hundreds or thousands? Some photographers take less photos, but they might be more to your liking. Other photographers may take many images and many may be quite similar.
- Create an action plan. Will you require photos of you getting ready? travel to and arrival at ceremony venue? Ceremony (obviously)! Then groups – how many? Photo-shoot of newlyweds on location? Reception coverage? How many hours do you think this might be?
- Browse wedding photographer’s portfolios. Look at their different styles.
- Once you have selected a shortlist of photographers send them an enquiry!
- Meet with your shortlisted photographers and ask them to show you completed albums, or a large range of photos from a single wedding. This will help you double check that they’re going to be able to deliver they style and quantity of photos that you’re after.
- Make sure your personalities match! Will you be comfortable with them on your wedding day?
- Compare packages and inclusions.
- Get post production details. Will you expect every image to be art-worked? or just a few hero images?
- Once you’ve settled on a photographer, check their contract and look for additional costs like overtime, printing, supply of digital images, and cost for special effects.
Melbourne has some super talented wedding photographers. No matter what type of style or wedding coverage you’re after, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Sit back, relax, and browse these popular Melbourne wedding photographers.
Wedding VIC’s 10 Step Guide to Finding the Perfect Melbourne Wedding Reception Venue
Melbourne and regional Victoria has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Melbourne wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Celebrant for your Melbourne Wedding
The ideal wedding celebrant will be someone who makes you feel natural and relaxed. You should be able to pick up on their friendliness and organisational skills at your first meeting. They should show genuine interest in crafting an unique wedding ceremony that will incorporate aspects of your romantic journey along with the necessary legal requirements. Get in touch with a few celebrants, have a chat with them about your wedding ideas, and see whom you feel most comfortable with.
You might also like to check and see if your short-listed celebrants will be conducting any other weddings in Melbourne on your chosen date, and see how they plan to accommodate the timing of the ceremonies. You don’t want them stuck in traffic when they should be at your wedding!
Some celebrants will also offer a PA system or microphone to ensure your guests can hear you well. This can be particularly important if you plan on having a video taken on your day. Be sure to give your videographer your celebrant’s details so they can plan the best way to capture your wedding.
Similarly, some celebrants have a signing table they can provide along with special signing pens and more. Be sure to ask what extra touches they provide as part of their wedding service.
Best wishes for finding your perfect Melbourne wedding celebrant. Here’s a list of some of Melbourne’s most popular wedding celebrants.
Happy wedding planning. xx
Melbourne and regional Victoria has some amazing winery wedding venues. From rustic barns to sophisticated function rooms, gourmet meals to BYO caterer or food truck, the options are only limited by your imagination! Enjoy exclusive venue use, stunning photographic opportunities, amazing food and wine, and the luxury of spending your entire wedding day in the one location. Here’s our list of the best wineries for weddings in VIC.
Fine wines and weddings are the specialty of Elmswood Estate, with the combination of stunning photographic opportunities and our glassed room ‘The Pavilion’ all in one location, offering the perfect wedding venue. Let Elmswood Estate create the perfect combination of style, elegance, charm and great food for your special day.
Rich with history and spoiled with uninterrupted views of the Macedon Ranges, Marnong Estate provides the perfect backdrop to your winery wedding, north of Melbourne’s CBD. Bespoke wedding packages to begin your love story are tailored by our dedicated team who work with you every step of the way.
Feathertop Winery is a modern estate featuring rolling vineyards and contemporary function facilities, we sit amongst native forests with a picturesque backdrop of the Victoria Alps. They have a variety of unique and versatile spaces lending themselves to small intimate occasions or grand affairs.
Jack Rabbit Vineyard, located on the dynamic Bellarine Peninsula, is a wedding venue that truly offers it all. With its cool, industrial chic vibe, the House of Jack Rabbit offers guests a contemporary space to celebrate with family and friends. With an expansive, sun-drenched deck sending off party vibes in the warm months and a roaring fireplace to keep the chill out in the cooler months, this space is impressive year round.
Located on the stunning Bellarine, just 15 minutes from Geelong you will find Leura Park Estate. A working vineyard nestled amongst vines, with an outstanding function venue that oozes rustic charm – a perfect place to say I-do and celebrate your wedding occasion. At Leura Park Estate, wedding parties have exclusive use of the venue and we have a variety of options available to you to make your day special for you and your guests.
Set on a 120 acre of vineyard and farm in the Macedon Ranges, Cleveland Winery offers a cosy and timeless venue for a winery wedding. Exchange your vows in the vineyard, by the lake or in one of their beautiful private cottage gardens. Enjoy the very best regional cuisine using the finest local and seasonal produce, then retire to modern and elegant 4.5 star accommodation onsite.
Surrounded by gum trees and vineyards, Harcourt Valley Winery is the perfect location for your wedding with a rustic, country charm. Offering an indoor space of a beautiful granite winery and an outdoor space under the lights and stars, Harcourt Valley has a unique backdrop for your special day.
Established in 1991, Witchmount Estate has developed into a boutique ceremony and reception space 30 minutes from Melbourne. Combine a beautiful winery with a rustic blue stone function centre, rambling vineyards and years of experience in the wedding industry, and you have a unique venue for your wedding.
Enjoy stunning views of the Baw Baw ranges and a beautiful restaurant overlooking an olive grove and vineyards at Brandy Creek Estate, West Gippsland’s premier wine, food, and function destination. Considered as a popular wedding reception they have catered to many happy couples over the past years.
Located in the secluded valley of Kangaroo Ground, Inglewood Estate is set in a stunning quiet valley of endless rolling hills; the grounds include beautifully landscaped gardens, a vineyard and lake. Everything has been designed to capture the daily and seasonal changes of light, making Inglewood Estate exceptionally photographic.
Roomba’s @ Mt Aitken is the perfect venue in Melbourne’s Macedon Ranges with a unique rustic charm in every room and area of the venue. Only 35 minutes from the CBD. Catering for 60-130 sit down and up to 200 guests cocktail style. Ceremonies can be held on the property in over 3 different locations. Plus there is guesthouse accommodation on the property sleeping 8.