Friendly Garden Weddings offer warm thoughtful services and cater for lovers on a budget. They believe everyone deserves a beautiful wedding without the ridiculous cost. They offer their lovely grounds, a wedding marquee, a gorgeous pondside gazebo, all tables and seating, a register table and some accommodation for guests -(4 rooms available). There is onsite parking and flexibility in their packages. Book a visit and meet Marty Orchard the owner, who is a friendly host and would love to show you around the property and discuss your wedding plans.
Wedding VIC’s 10 Step Guide to Finding the Perfect Melbourne Wedding Reception Venue
Melbourne and regional Victoria has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Melbourne wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
Max’s Restaurant at Red Hill Estate is renowned for its fine dining and unmatched views over the world-famous Mornington Peninsula. Combining country aesthetics with rustic features in a glamorous winery setting, Max’s Restaurant certainly checks a lot of boxes. Discover how your dreamy ceremony and receptions can be brought to life at Max’s Restaurant.
Roomba’s @ Mt Aitken is the perfect venue in Melbourne’s Macedon Ranges with a unique rustic charm in every room and area of the venue. Catering for all types of functions from engagements to weddings, breakfasts/lunches or dinners, for all types of celebrations. There is also guesthouse accommodation on the property sleeping 8.
For a stylish, city wedding setting, they don’t come better than Oaks Melbourne on Market Hotel just off Collins Street in Melbourne’s CBD. Their spaces can cater for intimate ceremonies or lavish affairs from 10 to 200 guests. You’re spoiled for choice at Oaks Melbourne on Market Hotel with a total of 6 functions rooms which can be joined for additional space making it the ideal choice for your special day.