Hen’s and Buck’s parties are traditionally a time for the Bride and Groom to relax and have fun with their friends and family before the big day. Typically they are held separately, however some couples choose to combine their hen’s and buck’s celebrations. Often the Best Man and Maid of Honour are responsible for planning the hen’s or buck’s party, however it can be anyone close to the Bride and Groom. Activities at hen’s and buck’s parties can vary, but often include drinking, dancing, and games. Wedding VIC has complied a handy list of tips to help you plan the best hen’s or buck’s party in Melbourne.
How to Plan a Hen’s or Buck’s Party
Choose a date and location that works for the Bride/Groom and most of the guests.
Create a budget and stick to it.
Decide on the activities and entertainment for the party.
Send out invitations and confirm RSVPs.
Finalize the details of the party, such as food, drinks, and transportation.
Be prepared for anything and enjoy the party!
Here are some additional tips
- Consider the Bride’s/Groom’s interests and personality when planning the party.
- Ask the Bride/Groom for their input on the activities and entertainment.
- Don’t forget to include some activities that will allow the guests to bond and get to know each other better.
- If you’re planning on going out, make sure to book a table at a bar or club in advance.
- Be sure to have plenty of food and drinks on hand.
- Be sure to have a plan B in case of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Hire a photographer to capture the memories of the party.
- Send out thank-you cards to everyone who attended the party.
- And most importantly, have fun!
Check out the amazing Hen’s and Buck’s party suppliers on Wedding VIC and start planning today!