Discover one of Melbourne’s most unique wedding venues. St Andrews Conservatory has a modern, unique design and a spacious interior offering an impressive and grandiose atmosphere for a wedding celebration. Delicate bamboo lanterns are suspended from metallic exposed beams, which illuminate the venue giving the sense of romance. The cosy fireplace and large mirrors add to the exceptional atmosphere and timeless style of the Conservatory.
Set in the beautiful valley township of Clarendon, Silvestri’s of Clarendon is a blend of contemporary design and heritage features. The venue was created around a gracious 150 year old sandstone villa and includes a Ballroom, Restaurant Dining Room, separate Cocktail Bar, Wine Cellar, large Sandstone Terrace and European Style Topiary Garden. Set on one acre of land, the property’s entrance is framed with stately wrought iron gates lending the restaurant building, and its manicured gardens, the presence of an exclusive private estate. It is a truly magical setting for a wedding.
You won’t find a more affordable venue of this size in Melbourne. The Industrique offer exclusive venue hire for $20 per guest – $1500 minimum bar spend. The space has everything in one location – ceremony, dining and dancing! Receive access to venue for up to two days prior to wedding for set up and other requirements. Bring in your own catering or have food trucks drive straight into the fully enclosed warehouse. It’s an affordable, flexible Melbourne wedding reception venue.
Rippon Lea House and Garden is one of Australia’s grand suburban estates with a pleasure garden of sweeping lawns, magnificent trees and a tranquil lake. Located only ten kilometres from Melbourne this venue offers a sublime setting close to the CBD. With a magnificent ballroom leading out onto an impressive pool and over 14 acres of pleasure gardens, Rippon Lea House and Gardens is the perfect venue for your magical day.
Nestled into the evergreen undulating hills, just to the north of Warragul and Drouin, is Brandy Creek Estate, West Gippsland’s premier wine, food, wedding destination. This popular wedding venue has catered to many happy couples over the past years.
Set amongst landscaped gardens, manicured greens and fairways, the Woodlands Golf Club’s Clubhouse was first built in 1927 and was modernised in 2010 to now provide a state of the art facility. Whilst major renovations were made the original charm and atmosphere were retained. The natural environment of the manicured golf course is the perfect place for your ceremony and photographs.
The Wattle Park Chalet is known for its architectural character, formal garden, as well as the aesthetic qualities of the surrounding 137 acres of parkland a mere 10km from Melbourne’s CBD, and offers a range of facilities for celebrations, events and functions. For weddings, the private garden, loggia and mezzanine balconies provide elegant, romantic settings for the ceremony and aperitifs, while the Grand Hall can seat up to 180 guests. Provincial Events is an exciting catering and events company that has redefined standards in food, customer service and presentation.
Roomba’s @ Mt Aitken is the perfect venue in Melbourne’s Macedon Ranges with a unique rustic charm in every room and area of the venue. Catering for all types of functions from engagements to weddings, christenings, corporate breakfasts/lunches or dinners, birthday celebrations and more.
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Venue for your Melbourne Wedding
Melbourne and regional Victoria has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Melbourne wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
The jewel of Melbourne’s iconic St Andrews Hotel – Fitzroy (formerly The Pumphouse Hotel), our Conservatory has a modern, unique design and a spacious interior. With a ceiling made entirely from glass, the outside is brought indoors, offering guests an impressive and grandiose atmosphere with plenty of natural light. Each wedding reception at the St Andrews Conservatory is the perfect, stress-free day.